SALEM, Va. — The Washington and Lee women's track and field team won two individual ODAC Championships on its way to a fifth-place finish out of nine teams at the indoor conference championship on Sunday at the Kerr-Creggar Field House.
Bridgewater totaled 145 points to claim its fifth straight indoor championship. Roanoke was second with 124 points and Lynchburg claimed third (117 points). W&L finished with 77.5 points.
Highlights From the Meet
- The Generals took first in the distance medley relay with a time of 13:11.67. The quartet consisted of first-years Annie Cunningham (Clifton, Conn./Sacred Heart Academy), Kathryn Fagan (Metairie, La./Metairie Park Country Day) and Anna Nelson (Arvada, Colo./Standley Lake) and sophomore Julia Moody (Houston, Texas/St. John's School).
- First-year Katie Harris (Ashburn, Va./Rock Ridge) won the 5,000m with a personal-best time of 18:43.58.
- In the 60m, first-year Samantha Kindsvater (Sumter, S.C./Thomas Sumter Academy) finished seventh in 8.40. In the prelims of the event, she registered a time of 8.28, which is the fifth-fastest time in the history of the program.
- Cunningham also claimed third in the 800m with a time of 2:23.19.
- Senior Kaleigh Hinton (Florham Park, N.J./Hanover Park) placed third in the 60m hurdles (9.33) and Moody was third in the 3,000m in 10:57.25.
- The 4x400m relay also finished third with a time of 4:15.53. The foursome consisted of Hinton, senior Lily Arnold (Jacksonville, Fla./The Bolles School), Cunningham & first-year Claire Smith (Nashville, Tenn./Harpeth Hall School).
Distance Medley Relay – Cunningham, Fagan, Nelson & Moody (13:11.67)
First-year Katie Harris – 5,000m (18:43.58)
Top 3 Finishes (Earn All-ODAC Accolades)
4x400m Relay (3rd) – Hinton, Arnold, Cunningham & Smith – 4:15.53
First-year Annie Cunningham (3rd) – 800m (2:23.19)
Senior Kaleigh Hinton (3rd) – 60m Hurdles (9.66)
Sophomore Julia Moody (3rd) – 3,000m (10:57.25)
Finishes 4-8 (Scoring Places)
Sophomore Alexa Castellana (4th) – High Jump (1.52m [4'11.75"])
Sophomore Nikki Doherty (4th) – 60m Hurdles (9.69)
Junior Kirsten McMichael (4th) – 5,000m (18:51.10)
Sophomore Alexa Castellana (5th) – Triple Jump (10.16m [33'4.00"])
Junior Kirsten McMichael (5th) – 3,000m (11:01.30)
Senior Lily Arnold (6th) – 800m (2:25.33)
Sophomore Alexa Castellana (6th) – Long Jump (4.79m [15'8.75"])
First-year Samantha Kindsvater (7th) – 60m (8.40)
Sophomore Ellie Bradach (8th) – Mile (5:33.06)
Sophomore Katie Bearup (8th) – 5,000m (19:10.63)
First-year Julie Lowe (8th) – Long Jump (4.62m [15'2.00"])
Junior Samantha Yates (8th) – 3,000m (11:04.74)
New Personal Bests
Sophomore Ellie Bradach – Mile (5:33.06)
Senior Kaleigh Hinton – 60m Hurdles (9.66)
First-year Samantha Kindsvater – 60m (8.28)
First-year Julie Lowe – Triple Jump (8.97m [29'5.25"])
First-year Julie Lowe – Long Jump (4.62m [15'2.00"])
The Generals will compete at the Roanoke Maroons NCAA Final Qualifier on Saturday.
-- www.generalssports.com --