LEXINGTON, Va. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team picked up 387 points and sits in first out of six team after day one of the Washington and Lee Invitational on Saturday held at the W&L Natatorium.
Highlights From the Meet
- Sophomore Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) led the way for W&L with a first-place finish and was part of two winning relays. She claimed the top spot in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:10.18. She also swam on the winning 200-yard free (1:37.26) and 400-yard medley (3:53.26) relay squads.
- Sophomore Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) placed first in the 500-yard free with a time of 5:09.11. She was also part of the first-place 400-yard medley relay. The Generals also took third, fourth and fifth-place in the 500-yard free. Junior Jordan Watson (Fayetteville, Ga. / Whitewater) (5:11.91) claimed third, first-year Mattie Grant (Mechanicsville, Va. / Hanover) (5:13.88) took fourth and sophomore Kelly Amar (Mount Vernon, N.Y. / The Ursuline School) (5:14.95) placed fifth.
- York College (Pa.) is in second-place with 218 points, followed by Messiah in third-place with 190 points. Emory & Henry (142), Virginia Wesleyan (18) and Randolph (14) round out the standings.
Top Five Finishes
- MacQueen, Tori Hester, Cassidy Fuller, Elle Chancey (1st) – 200-yard Free Relay (1:37.26)
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 500-yard Free (5:09.11)
- Jordan Watson (3rd) – 500-yard Free (5:11.91)
- Mattie Grant (4th) – 500-yard Free (5:13.88)
- Kelly Amar (5th) – 500-yard Free (5:14.95)
- Ali MacQueen (1st) – 200-yard IM (2:10.18)
- Taylor Ecleberry (2nd) – 200-yard IM (2:11.83)
- Olivia Luzzio (5th) – 200-yard IM (2:17.60)
- Elle Chancey (3rd) – 50-yard Free (24.55)
- Cassidy Fuller (4th) – 50-yard Free (24.57)
- Ashley Johnston, Hageboeck, MacQueen, Chancey (1st) – 400-yard Medley Relay (3:53.26)
Washington and Lee returns to the pool on Sunday for the final day of competition in the invitational. Action is set to begin at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --