The Generals' Club is a terrific way to support your favorite athletic program at Washington and Lee University. The Generals' Club was established in 1995 through the combined efforts of the athletic department and W&L Office of University Advancement to enhance the relationship between the University's athletic programs and its alumni and friends. There have been more than 1,300 members of the Generals' Club, which is composed of former athletic participants at W&L, who, during their playing days, helped enrich our University’s great athletic traditions. Today, the Generals’ Club serves as an organization whose sole purpose is to enhance athletics at Washington and Lee. Members of the Generals’ Club:
• Attend home and away games whenever possible;
• Assist coaches in identifying potential recruits;
• Attend receptions following selected home and away games
This year, membership dues for the Generals’ Club start at $50, and you have the option to designate some of your Generals’ Club membership gift to a specific sport. For your convenience, we continue to offer on-line giving, the fastest and easiest way to support your favorite General’s athletic team(s). To give online, simply visit the Generals' Club giving website at https://colonnadeconnections.wlu.edu/givetotheGenerals.
For gifts designated to a specific sport, 25% of the gift (up to a cap of $250) will be used for a variety of expenses that arise for the athletic department. These funds support all of our athletic teams and help W&L achieve excellence in all our athletic programs while still allowing donors to support their favorite sport.
In recent years, these funds have been used to provide the following:
• Team video equipment
• Team athletic gear
• A new cage for the hammer throw at W&L track & field events
• Yearly team awards for the student-athletes
• General W&L athletics functions, banquets and awards ceremonies
• Upgrades to sound systems at athletic facilities
• Upgrades to athletic facility amenities (i.e. Classroom chairs, whiteboards, etc.)
• Renovations to the Dick Miller Cross Country Courses
• Supplements special team travel to tournaments and training trips
• Printing and production of the Generals' Report Newsletter
Thank you for your continued generosity and loyalty to Generals’ athletics. We’re proud to have you on our team!