LEXINGTON, Va. -- The Washington and Lee women's tennis team opened its ODAC action with a 7-0 sweep of Randolph-Macon on Friday at the Duchossois Tennis Center.
The Generals did not drop a single game in the matchup, only playing to seven because of the lack of playing space indoors. Nos. 5 and 6 singles were not able to compete, but W&L won all three doubles matches and No. 1-4 singles.
W&L was in action again this evening, facing Virginia Wesleyan at 7:00 pm.
Washington and Lee Tennis
Randolph-Macon College vs Washington and Lee Women (Mar 02, 2012)
Washington and Lee Women 7, Randolph-Macon College 0
Mar 02, 2012 at LEXINGTON, VA. (Duchossois Tennis Center)
1. Christina Douglas (WLUW) def. Caty-Betz Holcomb (R-MC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Chelsea Mixson (WLUW) def. Morgan Parkes (R-MC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Ashley Leinweber (WLUW) def. Reba Sledd (R-MC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kelsey Vella (WLUW) def. Chelsey Jones (R-MC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Ashley Leinweber/Chelsea Mixson (WLUW) def. Caty-Betz Holcomb/Morgan Parkes (R-MC) 8-0
2. Ann Morris/Kelsey Vella (WLUW) def. Reba Sledd/Chelsey Jones (R-MC) 8-0
3. Jen Hall/Christina Douglas (WLUW) def. Caroline Rhodes/Jessie McCollum (R-MC) 8-0