ATLANTA, Ga. -- The No. 9 Washington and Lee women's tennis team dropped a 5-0 decision to No. 2 Williams College in day two action of the Fab 10 Tournament, hosted by Emory University, on Saturday morning.
The Generals fell behind 3-0 after doubles when the match was moved indoors because of rain. After moving inside the match was played to decision, with Williams earning the victory after wins at the No. 1 and No. 6 singles positions.
With the loss, the Generals moved to 12-5 overall on the season, while Williams improved to 5-2 overall.
W&L returns to action on Sunday as it plays No. 4 Chicago at 9:00 am in the final day of the Fab 10 Tournament.
#2 Williams College 5, #9 Washington and Lee 0
Mar 26, 2011 at Atlanta, Ga. (Emory University)
1. Kristin Alotta (WIL) def. Ellen Yeatman (W&LW) 6-4, 6-2
2. Nancy Worley (WIL) vs. Lauren Lukas (W&LW) 6-0, 5-2, unfinished
3. Nicole Reich (WIL) vs. Jen Snyder (W&LW) 6-3, 2-2, unfinished
4. Lucy Marchese (WIL) vs. Trelsie Sadler (W&LW) 4-5, unfinished
5. Kara Shoemaker (WIL) vs. Sallie Griffin (W&LW) 2-4, unfinished
6. Caroline Capute (WIL) def. Catherine Reed (W&LW) 6-1, 6-3
1. Kristin Alotta/Nicole Reich (WIL) def. Lauren Lukas/Trelsie Sadler (W&LW) 8-4
2. Taylor French/Nancy Worley (WIL) def. Jen Snyder/Ellen Yeatman (W&LW) 8-5
3. Lucy Marchese/Kathleen Elkins (WIL) def. Sallie Griffin/Chelsea Mixson (W&LW) 8-4
Washington and Lee 12-5; National ranking #9
Williams College 5-2; National ranking #2