PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- The sixth-ranked Washington and Lee women’s tennis team dropped a 6-3 decision to 10th-ranked Carnegie Mellon on Saturday afternoon in Pittsburgh.
The Generals claimed one doubles and two singles matches on the day.Sophomores Lauren Lukas (Manitowoc, Wis./Lincoln) and Ann Morris (Lexington, Ky./Lexington Catholic) defeated CMU's Courtney Chin and Alexandra Tapak, 9-7, while sophomore Jen Snyder (Highland Heights, Ohio/Gilmour Academy) and senior Blair Brzeski (Westlake Village, Calif./Agoura) each claimed singles victories.
With the loss, W&L now finds its record at 18-6, while Carnegie Mellon improved to 13-7.
The Generals return to action on May 14 in the first round of
the NCAA Division III tournament.
#10 Carnegie Mellon 6, #6 Washington and Lee
May 01, 2010 at Pittsburgh, Pa.
1. Laura Chen (CMUW) def. Lauren Caire (W&L) 6-0, 6-3
2. Courtney Chin (CMUW) def. Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 6-2, 7-5
3. Alexandra Tapak (CMUW) def. Lauren Lukas (W&L) 0-6, 6-3, 7-6
4. Cze-Ja Tam (CMUW) def. Ann Morris (W&L) 6-2, 6-0
5. Jen Snyder (W&L) def. Jennifer Chui (CMUW) 7-6, 7-6
6. Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Ashley Herrick (CMUW) 6-3, 3-0
1. Laura Chen/Ashley Herrick (CMUW) def. Lauren Caire/Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 8-3
2. Lauren Lukas/Ann Morris (W&L) def. Courtney Chin/Alexandra Tapak (CMUW) 9-7
3. Jennifer Chui/Cze-Ja Tam (CMUW) def. Trelsie Sadler/Blair Brzeski (W&L) 9-8
Washington and Lee 18-6; National ranking #6
Carnegie Mellon 13-7; National ranking #10