W&L Women's Tennis Falls to Emory, 5-0
ATLANTA, Ga. – The sixth-ranked Washington and Lee women’s tennis team fell to fourth-ranked Emory University, 5-0, on Sunday afternoon in the third round of the NCAA Women’s Division III Tournament at the Woodruff Physical Education Center on the campus of Emory University in Atlanta, Ga.
With the loss, W&L concluded its season posting a 19-6 overall record. Emory improved its season record to 20-5, and will advance to the quarterfinal round of the tournament to face Denison on May 25.
Senior Lauren Caire (Nashville, Tenn./Harpeth Hall) and sophomore Ellen Yeatman (Little Rock, Ark./Little Rock Central) will continue in individual competition at the NCAA Division III Women’s Tennis Singles/Doubles Championships hosted by the University of Mary Washington on May 28-30.
#4 Emory University 5, #6 Washington and Lee
May 16, 2010 at Atlanta, Ga. (Emory University)
1. Dawson, Zahra (EU) vs. Lauren Caire (W&L) 6-4, 4-4, unfinished
2. McManigle, Lorne (EU) vs. Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 6-4, 3-4, unfinished
3. Wylie, Jordan (EU) def. Lauren Lukas (W&L) 6-0, 6-1
4. Nash, Tshema (EU) vs. Jen Snyder (W&L) 7-6, 1-0, unfinished
5. Reidenbach, Lindsay (EU) def. Ann Morris (W&L) 6-3, 6-4
6. Vrabec, Sara (EU) vs. Blair Brzeski (W&L) 4-6, 4-1, unfinished
1. Dawson, Zahra/McManigle, Lorne (EU) def. Lauren Caire/Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 8-3
2. Nash, Tshema/Rogers, Sabra (EU) def. Lauren Lukas/Ann Morris (W&L) 8-4
3. Reidenbach, Lindsay/Wylie, Jordan (EU) def. Blair Brzeski/Trelsie Sadler (W&L) 8-4
Washington and Lee 19-6; National ranking #6; Regional ranking #1
Emory University 20-5; National ranking #4; Regional ranking #2
NCAA Division III Women's Tennis Championships - Third Round