W&L Women's Tennis Advances to ODAC Championship
LEXINGTON, Va. -- The sixth-ranked and number one seed Washington and Lee women's tennis team claimed a 9-0 victory over number five seed Virginia Wesleyan in the ODAC tournament semifinals on Sunday afternoon at the Washburn Courts.
With the win, the Generals improved to 17-5 on the season, while the Marlins fell to 11-7.
W&L will return to action on Monday in the championship match of the ODAC tournament against second-seeded Hollins University at 10:00 am.
#6 Washington and Lee 9, Virginia Wesleyan
Apr 25, 2010 at Lexington, Va. (Washburn Courts)
1. Lauren Caire (W&L) def. Imee Bautista (VWC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Ellen Yeatman (W&L) def. Meredith Willett (VWC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Lauren Lukas (W&L) def. Shannon Sabo (VWC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Ann Morris (W&L) def. Ashtyn Alexander (VWC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Jen Snyder (W&L) def. Veronica Tharp (VWC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Stephanie Bittner (VWC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Lauren Caire/Ellen Yeatman (W&L) def. Meredith Willett/Shannon Sabo (VWC) 8-2
2. Ann Morris/Lauren Lukas (W&L) def. Imee Bautista/Ashtyn Alexander (VWC) 8-0
3. Trelsie Sadler/Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Veronica Tharp/Stephanie Bittner (VWC) 8-0
Virginia Wesleyan 11-7
Washington and Lee 17-5; National ranking #6