W&L Women's Tennis Falls to Williams, 6-3
LEXINGTON, Va. –The fifth-ranked Washington and Lee
women’s tennis team fell to defending national team champions
and second-ranked Williams College, 6-3, on Thursday afternoon at
the Washburn Courts.
Washington and Lee fell to 15-5 on the season, while Williams now owns a record of 8-2.
With the doubles tied at 1-1, No. 1 doubles senior Lauren Caire (Nashville, Tenn./Harpeth Hall) and sophomore Ellen Yeatman (Little Rock, Ark./Little Rock Central) lost to Grace Baljon and Taylor French with a match point at 7-6. However, Yeatman was triumphant at No. 2 singles, defeating Williams' Kristin Alotta, 7-6, 7-6, ending Alotta's 41-match Division III winning streak.
The Generals return to action April 23-25 as they take part in the ODAC Women's Tennis Tournament.
#2 Williams College 6, #5 Washington and Lee
Apr 01, 2010 at Lexington, Va. (Washburn Courts)
1. Grace Baljon (WC) def. Lauren Caire (W&L) 6-1, 6-2
2. Ellen Yeatman (W&L) def. Kristin Alotta (WC) 7-6, 7-6
3. Nicole Reich (WC) def. Lauren Lukas (W&L) 6-2, 6-2
4. Lucy Marchese (WC) def. Ann Morris (W&L) 7-5, 6-1
5. Nancy Worley (WC) def. Jen Snyder (W&L) 6-4, 6-3
6. Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Ashley Parsons (WC) 6-2, 7-5
1. Grace Baljon/Taylor French (WC) def. Lauren Caire/Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 9-7
2. Lauren Lukas/Ann Morris (W&L) def. Kristin Alotta/Nicole Reich (WC) 8-6
3. Caroline Capute/Lucy Marchese (WC) def. Jen Snyder/Blair Brzeski (W&L) 8-5
Williams College 8-2; National ranking #2
Washington and Lee 15-5; National ranking #5