LEXINGTON, Va. – The sixth-ranked Washington and Lee
women’s tennis team defeated Bridgewater College, 9-0, on
Wednesday afternoon in Bridgewater.
With the win, Washington and Lee improved to 12-3 on the season, including a 10-0 mark in the ODAC. Bridgewater now owns a record of 3-5, going 1-2 in ODAC competition.
The Generals return to action on Thursday as they host Randolph at 5:00 pm.
Washington and Lee 9, Bridgewater Eagles 0
Mar 17, 2010 at Bridgewater, Va. (BC Tennis Courts)
1. Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Megan Mathias (BCW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Sallie Griffin (W&L) def. Olivia Stone (BCW) 6-0, 6-2
3. Virginia Dickinson (W&L) def. Alissa Michael (BCW) 6-4, 6-0
4. Kerry Cotter (W&L) def. Morgan McGhee (BCW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Lyndsey Johansson (W&L) def. Ally McConaughy (BCW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Katie Harris (W&L) def. Amanda Gorby (BCW) 6-1, 6-3
1. Blair Brzeski/Sallie Griffin (W&L) def. Megan Mathias/Alissa Michael (BCW) 8-4
2. Virginia Dickinson/Kerry Cotter (W&L) def. Morgan McGhee/Olivia Stone (BCW) 8-3
3. Lyndsey Johansson/Katie Harris (W&L) def. Ally McConaughy/Emily Schweitzer (BCW) 8-2