GREENCASTLE, Ind. – The number five Washington and Lee
women’s tennis team defeated number 10 Johns Hopkins, 9-0, in
the first day of action at the ITA National Collegiate Indoor
Championships, hosted by DePauw University, on Friday.
With the win, W&L improved to 3-1 on the season, while the Blue Jays fell to 0-1.
Highlights for the match included senior Lauren Caire
(Nashville, Tenn./Harpeth Hall) defeating JHU's Carolyn Warren, who
is ranked second in the region, 6-1, 6-3, and W&L clinching the
match with the number two singles competition, as sophomore Ann
Morris (Lexington, Ky./Lexington Catholic) defeated Anita
Bhamidipati, 6-2, 6-4.
W&L will return to action tomorrow as they face the University of Chicago in semifinal action at 2:00 pm.
#5 Washington and Lee 9, #10 Johns Hopkins
2/26/2010 at Greencastle, Indiana (DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center)
1. Lauren Caire (W&L) def. Carolyn Warren (JHUW) 6-1, 6-3
2. Ann Morris (W&L) def. Anita Bhamidipati (JHUW) 6-2, 6-4
3. Lauren Lukas (W&L) def. Nandita Krishnan (JHUW) 6-1, 6-7 (5-7), 1-0 (11-9)
4. Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Ariel Several (JHUW) 6-4, 6-2
5. Jen Snyder (W&L) def. Mallory Willenborg (JHUW) 1-6, 7-6, 1-0 (10-5)
6. Trelsie Sadler (W&L) def. Andrea Berlinghof (JHUW) 6-0, 7-5
1. Ann Morris/Lauren Lukas (W&L) def. Nandita Krishnan/Carolyn Warren (JHUW) 8-2
2. Lauren Caire/Trelsie Sadler (W&L) def. Yasmine Elamir/Candace Wu (JHUW) 8-4
3. Jen Snyder/Blair Brzeski (W&L) def. Renata Smith/Ariel Several (JHUW) 8-1