W&L Women's Tennis Falls to Radford, 6-3
LEXINGTON, Va. -- The Washington and Lee women's tennis team opened its 2010 spring season with a 6-3 loss to Radford University on Thursday evening at the Duchossois Tennis Center.
With the loss, W&L dropped to 0-1 on the season, while the Highlanders improved to 1-1 overall.
The Generals took two of the three doubles matches, but were only able to claim one singles victory.
Washington and Lee returns to action Feb. 25-28 at the ITA
National Collegiate Indoor Championships, hosted by DePauw
Radford 6, #5 Washington and Lee 3
Feb 11, 2010 at Lexington, Va. (Duchossis Tennis Center)
1. Mia Drobnjak (RADFORD) def. Ellen Yeatman (W&L) 6-2, 6-2
2. Ivana Tomaic (RADFORD) def. Ann Morris (W&L) 6-3, 6-1
3. Petra Dajevic (RADFORD) def. Lauren Lukas (W&L) 6-7 (3-5), 6-1, 6-0
4. Mirna Matic (RADFORD) def. Blair Brzeski (W&L) 7-6 (2-0), 6-0
5. Sarah Tegner (RADFORD) def. Sallie Griffin (W&L) 4-6, 7-5, 12-10
6. Jen Snyder (W&L) def. Emerald Lauzon (RADFORD) 6-2, 6-3
1. Lauren Lukas/Ann Morris (W&L) def. Ivana Tomaic/Mirna Matic (RADFORD) 8-3
2. Blair Brzeski/Ellen Yeatman (W&L) def. Mia Drobnjak/Sarah Tegner (RADFORD) 8-2
3. Petra Dajevic/Emerald Lauzon (RADFORD) def. Lauren Caire/Trelsie Sadler (W&L) 8-4
Washington and Lee 0-1; National ranking #5