GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team posted three NCAA "B" cut times on the second day of competition at the ODAC Championship on Saturday at the Greensboro Aquatics Center.
Highlights From the Meet:
- The Blue and White currently lead the team standings with 715 points. Randolph-Macon is in second-place with 392 markers and Bridgewater rounds of the Top 3 with 261 points. Emory & Henry is fourth with 232 points and is followed by Roanoke (202), Hollins (130), Greensboro (100), Sweet Briar (86), Virginia Wesleyan (68), Ferrum (56), Randolph (38) and Guilford (32) round out the
- Junior Elle Chancey (Tampa, Fla. / Berkeley Preparatory School), and sophomores Ashley Johnston (Gainesville, Ga. / North Hall), Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) and Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) swam on the 200-yard medley relay that claimed first with a time of 1:44.39, which was a "B" cut.
- Hageboeck and MacQueen both posted NCAA "B" cut times. Hageboeck won the 100 breast with a time of 1:04.01, while MacQueen claimed the top spot in the 100 fly in a time of 55.47.
Top Three Finishes:
- Johnston, Hageboeck, MacQueen, Chancey (1st) – 200-yard Medley Relay (1:44.39)
- Taylor Ecleberry (1st) - 400-yard IM (4:38.19)
- Ali MacQueen (1st) – 100-yard Fly (55.47)
- Katherine Degner (2nd) – 100-yard Fly (58.26)
- Elle Chancey (1st) – 200-yard Free (1:52.87)
- Kelly Amar (2nd) – 200-yard Free (1:53.19)
- Cassidy Fuller (3rd) – 200-yard Free (1:53.38)
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 100-yard Breast (1:04.01)
- Hannah Freibert (2nd) – 100-yard Breast (1:06.38)
- Ashley Johnston (2nd) – 100-yard Back (58.65)
- Florence, Ecleberry, Irwin, Watson (1st) - 800-yard Free Relay (7:52.59)
The Generals return to the pool on Sunday for the final day of the ODAC Championship. Preliminary rounds are set to begin at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --