LEXINGTON, Va. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team topped St. Mary's (Md.), 174-73, in a dual meet on Saturday afternoon at the W&L Natatorium.
Highlights from the Meet:
- The Generals took first-place in all 14 of the events, while also taking the Top 3 spots in five of the events.
- Sophomore Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) led the way for the Blue and White with two individual first-place finishes. She cleared the NCAA "B" cut time for the third time this season in the 200-yard breast with a time of 2:20.61. Her best time in the event this season is 2:18.21, which she set at the W&L Invitational in December. She also claimed the top spot in the 100-yard breast in a time of 1:05.90. Additionally, Hageboeck swam on the first-place 200-yard medley relay (1:50.52).
- Junior Elle Chancey (Tampa, Fla. / Berkeley Preparatory School) took first in two individual events and swam on a winning relay. Chancey posted first-place finishes in the 50-yard free (24.59) and 100-yard free (53.31). She was also part of the 200-yard free relay squad that took first with a time of 1:39.09.
- Sophomore Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) was a member of the winning 200-yard medley relay (1:50.52) and 200-yard free relay (1:39.09) squads, while also recording a first-place finish in the 100-yard fly with a time of 57.69.
- Johnston, Hageboeck, MacQueen, Fuller (1st) – 200-yard Medley Relay (1:50.52)
- Jordan Watson (1st) – 1000-yard Free (10:54.00)
- Caroline Florence (1st) – 200-yard Free (1:58.50)
- Tori Hester (1st) – 100-yard Back (1:01.98)
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 100-yard Breast (1:05.90)
- Kelly Amar (1st) – 200-yard Fly (2:11.91)
- Elle Chancey (1st) – 50-yard Free (24.59)
- Elle Chancey (1st) – 100-yard Free (53.31)
- Ashley Johnston (1st) – 200-yard Back (2:11.84)
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 200-yard Breast (2:20.61)
- Jordan Watson (1st) – 500-yard Free (5:19.06)
- Ali MacQueen (1st) – 100-yard Fly (57.69)
- Hannah Freibert (1st) – 200-yard IM (2:14.64)
- MacQueen, Fuller, Hester, Chancey (1st) – 200-yard Free (1:39.09)
The Generals will return to action on February 9-11 for the ODAC Championships at the Greensboro Aquatics Center.
-- www.generalssports.com --