LANCASTER, Pa. – The Washington and Lee women's swimming team picked up 228 points on day one of the Franklin & Marshall Invitational, and are currently in second place out of 13 teams. Delaware is in first with 258 points at the three-day meet.
Highlights From the Meet
- The quartet of junior Elle Chancey (Tampa, Fla. / Berkeley Preparatory School), and sophomores Tori Hester (Cary, N.C. / Saint Mary's School), Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) and Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) placed first in the 400-yard medley relay with a time of 3:50.93.
- The 200 free relay squad of MacQueen, Chancey, Hester and senior Cassidy Fuller (Moraga, Calif. / Campolindo) took second in the 200-yard free relay with a time of 1:37.19.
- W&L took the third, fourth and fifth spots in the 1650-yard free. First-year Mattie Grant (Mechanicsville, Va. / Hanover) finished third in 17.39.43, sophomore Taylor Ecleberry (Goshen, Ky. / Sacred Heart Academy) placed fourth in 17:40.20 and junior Jordan Watson (Fayetteville, Ga. / Whitewater) took fifth with a time of 17:58.20.
- Hester, Hageboeck, MacQueen, Chancey (1st) – 400 Medley Relay (3:50.93)
- MacQueen, Chancey, Hester, Fuller (2nd) – 200 Free Relay (1:37.19)
- Mattie Grant (3rd) – 1650 Free (17:39.43)
- Taylor Ecleberry (4th) – 1650 Free (17:40.20)
- Jordan Watson (5th) – 1650 Free (17:58.20)
Washington and Lee returns to action tomorrow for day two of the invitational. The meet is set to start at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --