PITTSBURGH, Pa. – The ninth-ranked Washington and Lee women's swimming team topped Grove City, 207-54, but fell to Carnegie Mellon, 190-71, on Saturday at the CMU Tri-Meet.
Highlights From the Meet:
- The Generals had 11 Top 3 finishes, with sophomore Emily Hageboeck (Charleston, W. Va. / George Washington) leading W&L with a three individual Top 3 showings.
- Hageboeck placed first in the 200-yard breast with a time of 2:21.73. She touched the wall in 1:06.52 in the 100-yard breast to claim second and had a third-place finish in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:11.93. She also swam on the winning 200-yard medley relay (1:49.55), and was part of the second-place 200-yard free relay (1:40.84).
- Sophomore Ali MacQueen (Memphis, Tenn. / St. Mary's Episcopal School) took second in the 100-yard fly (58.51), third in the 50-yard free (25.28) and was a member of both of the relay squads.
Top 3 Finishes
- Emily Hageboeck (1st) – 200-yard Breaststroke (2:21.73)
- Ashley Johnston, Hageboeck, MacQueen, Elle Chancey (1st) – 200-yard Medley Relay (1:49.55)
- Emily Hageboeck (2nd) – 100-yard Breaststroke (1:06. 52)
- Ali MacQueen (2nd) – 100-yard Butterfly (58.51)
- MacQueen, Johnston, Cassidy Fuller, Chancey (2nd) – 200-yard Freestyle Relay (1:40.84)
- Elle Chancey (3rd) – 100-yard Freestyle (54.08)
- Elle Chancey (3rd) – 200-yard Freestyle (1:58.03)
- Ali MacQueen (3rd) – 50-yard Freestyle (25.28)
- Emily Hageboeck (3rd) – 200-yard IM (2:11.93)
- Taylor Ecleberry (3rd) – 100-yard Freestyle (10:53.26)
- Jordan Watson (3rd) – 500-yard Freestyle (5:17.96)
Washington and Lee returns to action on November 17, when it travels to Lancaster, Pa. to compete in the three-day Franklin & Marshall Invitational.
-- www.generalssports.com --