GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Washington and Lee men's swimming team had another record setting day at the second day of the ODAC Championship on Saturday at the Greensboro Aquatics Center.
Highlights From the Meet:
- The Generals currently lead the team standings with 709 points. Randolph-Macon is in second-place with 404 markers and Hampden-Sydney rounds of the Top 3 with 270 points. Roanoke is fourth with 218 points and is followed by Randolph (141), Ferrum (126), Greensboro (119), Virginia Wesleyan (91), Bridgewater (90) and Emory & Henry (24).
- The squad of seniors Tommy Thetford (Birmingham, Ala. / The Altamont), and Noah Schammel (Greenville, S.C. / St. Joseph's), sophomore Ethan Fischer (Columbus, Ohio / Upper Arlington) and first-year Patrick Sullivan (Pawleys Island, S.C. / Waccamaw) took the top spot in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:31.73, which set a new meet and ODAC record.
- Sullivan also won the 200-yard free relay with a time of 1:38.77, which was an NCAA "B" cut time. Thetford also recorded an NCAA "B" cut in the 200 free, finishing second with a time of 1:39.46.
Top Three Finishes:
- Sullivan, Fischer, Schammel, Thetford (1st) – 200-yard Medley Relay (1:31.73)
- Jared Nickodem (1st) – 400-yard IM (4:06.72)
- Danny Lynch (2nd) – 400-yard IM (4:08.54)
- Thomas Caldwell (3rd) – 400-yard IM (4:10.72)
- Noah Schammel (1st) – 100-yard Fly (51.05)
- Wade Patterson (3rd) – 100-yard Fly (52.20)
- Patrick Sullivan (1st) – 200-yard Free (1:38.77)
- Tommy Thetford (2nd) – 200-yard Free (1:39.46)
- Corey Connelly (3rd) – 200-yard Free (1:42.46)
- Fitz Rawls (2nd) – 100-yard Back (52.89)
- Patrick Lawrence (3rd) – 100-yard Back (53.61)
- Connelly, Holmes, Caldwell, Legarth (1st) – 800-yard Free Relay (7:02.26)
The Generals return to the pool on Sunday for the final day of the ODAC Championship. Preliminary rounds are set to begin at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --