GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Washington and Lee men's swimming team posted two NCAA "B" cut times and set a new meet record on day one of the ODAC Championship on Friday at the Greensboro Aquatics Center.
Highlights From the Meet:
- The Generals are first out of nine teams with 337 points. Randolph-Macon is in second with 159 points and Roanoke rounds of the Top 3 with 101 markers.
- The 200 free relay squad of seniors Tommy Thetford (Birmingham, Ala. / The Altamont) and Corey Connelly (Belleair, Fla. / Palm Harbor University), sophomore Evan Kramer (Taylors, S.C. / Eastside) and first-year Patrick Sullivan (Pawleys Island, S.C. / Waccamaw) posted an NCAA "B" cut and set a new meet record with a time of 1:21.86.
- Thetford also posted an NCAA "B" cut time in the 50-yard free with a time of 20.24 in the preliminaries this morning.
Top Three Finishes:
- Sullivan, Connelly, Kramer, Thetford (1st) – 200-yard Free Relay (1:21.86)
- Ben Brown (2nd)- 500-yard Free (4:44.22)
- Sam Childress (3rd) – 500-yard Free (4:45.26)
- Jared Nickodem (1st) – 200-yard IM (1:53.76)
- Danny Lynch (3rd) – 200-yard IM (1:55.23)
- Tommy Thetford (1st) – 50-yard Free (20.32)
- Patrick Sullivan (2nd) – 50-yard Free (20.81)
- Corey Connelly (3rd) – 50-yard Free (21.41)
- Lynch, Fischer, Schammel, Connelly (1st) – 400-yard Medley Relay (3:26.78)
The Generals return to action for day two of the ODAC Championship on Saturday morning. Preliminary rounds are set to begin at 10:00 am.
-- www.generalssports.com --