LANCASTER, Pa. – The Washington and Lee men's swimming team completed the final day of the Franklin & Marshall Invitational on Sunday. The Generals earned 1202.5 points and placed second out of 11 teams. Delaware finished in first with 1625 points.
Highlights From the Meet
- The Generals claimed 12 Top 10 finishes in the final day of the three-day invitational.
- First-year Danny Lynch (Richmond, Va. / Trinity Episcopal School) claimed the Blue and White's only first-place finish in the 200-yard fly with a time of 1:54.63.
- The 400 free relay squad of senior Corey Connelly (Belleair, Fla. / Palm Harbor University), sophomore Sammy Logue (Fallston, Md. / Loyola Blakefield), and first-years Patrick Sullivan (Pawleys Island, S.C. / Waccamaw) and Connor Van Vooren (Morrisville, N.C. / Cary Christian School) placed fourth after touching the wall in 3:10.00.
Top 10 Finishes
- Danny Lynch (1st) – 200-yard Fly (1:54.63)
- Patrick Sullivan (4th) – 100-yard Free (46.46)
- Jared Nickodem (6th) – 200-yard IM (1:58.79)
- Noah Schammel (6th) – 200-yard Fly (1:57.75)
- Brian Legarth (7th) – 200-yard Fly (1:57.99)
- Thomas Caldwell (8th) – 200-yard IM (2:01.02)
- Sam Childress (9th) – 500-yard Free (4:50.28)
- Ethan Fischer (9th) – 100-yard Breast (59.23)
- Jared Nickodem (9th) – 200-yard Fly (1:57.21)
- Brian Legarth (10th) – 200-yard IM (1:58.72)
- Corey Connelly (10th) – 100-yard Free (47.81)
- Sullivan, Van Vooren, Logue, Connelly (4th) – 400-yard Free Relay (3:10.00)
Washington and Lee returns to the pool on December 2-3, when it hosts the W&L Invitational. Action is set to begin at 4:00 pm.
-- www.generalssports.com --