LEXINGTON, Va. – The Washington and Lee men's swimming team finished with 502 points and claimed first out of nine teams on Saturday afternoon at the ODAC Relays held at the W&L Natatorium.
Highlights From the Meet
Randolph-Macon finished second with 225 tallies and Hampden-Sydney took third with 221 markers. Roanoke (129) and Greensboro (115) rounded out the Top 5.
The Generals took first in all 10 of the relay events in the meet, while also placing second in nine of the events.
First-year Patrick Sullivan (Pawleys Island, S.C. / Waccamaw) swam on five winning relay sqauds, which led the way for the Blue and White. Senior Tommy Thetford (Birmingham, Ala. / The Altamont) took part in four winning relays.
- Sammy Logue, Noah Schammel, Jared Nickodem – 3x50-yard Fly Relay (1:12.09)
- Sullivan, Danny Lynch, Fitz Rawls – 3x50-yard Back Relay (1:14.34)
- Ethan Fischer, Jonathan Tucker, Ben Brown – 3x50-yard Breast Relay (1:23.61)
- Sullivan, Corey Connelly, Evan Kramer, Thetford – 400-yard Free Relay (3:14.02)
- Logue, Thetford, Sullivan, Brown – 500-yard Relay (4:14.84)
- Sullivan, Fischer, Schammel, Thetford – 200-yard Medley Relay (1:37.43)
- Patrick Lawrence, Austin Choi, Schammel, Wade Patterson – 100-yard Dolphin Kick (49.22)
- Sullivan, Logue, Evan Kramer, Thetford – 200-yard Free Relay (1:27.70)
- Lynch, Fischer, Nickodem – 3x100-yard IM Relay (2:46.28)
- Thomas Caldwell, Sam Childress, Bancks Holmes, Lawrence – 8x25-yard Free Relay (1:25.10)
Washington and Lee returns to action on October 21 when it travels to Randolph-Macon for a 1:00 pm meet.
-- www.generalssports.com --