LEXINGTON, Va. – The Washington and Lee men's swimming team opened up its 2017-18 season with victories over Mary Washington (193-69) and Centre (221-41) in a tri-meet on Friday night at the W&L Natatorium.
Highlights From the Meet
This was the first competitive meet at the W&L Natatorium, the winning time in each event set the initial pool record for the venue.
The Generals won 11 of the 14 events, with first-year Danny Lynch (Richmond, Va. / Trinity Episcopal School) leading the way with three first-place finishes in the 1000-yard free, 200-yard back and 200-yard IM.
Senior Tommy Thetford (Birmingham, Ala. / The Altamont) and first-year Patrick Sullivan (Pawleys Island, S.C. / Waccamaw) were both members of the winning 200-yard medley relay (1:35.58) and 200-yard free relay (1:25.82). Senior Noah Schammel (Greenville, S.C. / St. Joseph's) and sophomore Ethan Fischer (Columbus, Ohio / Upper Arlington) were part of the 200 medley relay, while senior Corey Connelly (Belleair, Fla. / Palm Harbor University) and sophomore Sammy Logue (Fallston, Md. / Loyola Blakefield) swam on the 200 free relay squad.
- Danny Lynch – 1000-yard Free (10:00.76)
- Patrick Sullivan – 200-yard Free (1:44.22)
- Sammy Logue – 100-yard Backstroke (55.15)
- Noah Schammel – 200-yard Fly (2:00.26)
- Tommy Thetford – 50-yard Free (21.11)
- Tommy Thetford – 100-yard Free (47.11)
- Danny Lynch – 200-yard Back (2:00.49)
- Noah Schammel – 100-yard Fly (53.57)
- Danny Lynch – 200-yard IM (2:01.67)
Washington and Lee returns to action on Saturday when it hosts the ODAC Relays at the W&L Natatorium at 12:00 pm.
-- www.generalssports.com --